These bars are perfect to eat before a workout, for breakfast or just for a quick and healthy snack. They are loaded with all kinds of good stuff, like oatmeal (you’ll see this used a lot in my recipes) honey, nut butter and delicious chocolate chips. You can also replace the flour in this recipe with your favorite vanilla protein powder, to make a cheap ‘protein bar’ alternative. These have became my go-to snack and replaced real cookies when I’m craving something sweet.
They will for well over a week in the fridge, but good luck trying to get them to last that long!
½ cup creamy peanut butter (I use a mixture of Kraft and natural peanut butter)
¼ cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
¼ cup honey
1 large egg
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk of your choosing
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
¾ cup flour (or protein powder)
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
½ cup chocolate chips (pictured above: dark and peanut butter flavored chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, coconut sugar, honey, egg, coconut oil, milk, and vanilla until fully combined.
- Add in the oats, flour, salt, baking soda and mix until combined. Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees or until the top is set and lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the pan, then cut into bars.