This quick bread smells and tastes just like apple pie in a moist and fluffy slice, the perfect accompaniment to your morning coffee or the perfect end to your day with a little bit of vanilla ice cream! Using applesauce instead of butter is an easy way to make this bread a bit healthier for you, but it does give it a bit of a chewy texture. I recommend doubling the batch because it sure won’t last long.
*Use this bread instead of your normal store-bought bread, to make a killer french toast to take your brunch to the next level.
1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
1/3 cup White Sugar
2/3 cup Brown Sugar, Divided
1/4 cup Apple Sauce (note: you can replace the applesauce with 1/2 cup of butter if you prefer)
2 Eggs, Beaten
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cups Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/3 cup Milk
1 Large Apples, Peeled and Chopped
1 tbsp Butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Grease an 8×4 loaf pan.
- Combine 1/3 cup of the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- With a mixer on medium, cream white sugar, remaining brown sugar and butter until fluffy. Mix in applesauce (if using), beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Stir together flour and baking powder. Add flour to egg mixture along with milk and stir just until combined. Do not overmix!!
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured loaf pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the apples and 1/2 of the cinnamon mixture.
- Stir the remaining apples into the remaining batter and pour into the pan. Top with the remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Bake approx. 40 minutes. Brush topping with melted butter. Continue baking an additional 5-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.