Easy healthy Gluten Free Blueberry Breakfast Oat Bars. Grab these flour-less blueberry bars for breakfasts or snacks. Packed with whole grain oats and refined sugar-free using bananas instead of the typical white sugar. Feel free to just use regular oats and flour if you don’t have the gluten-free stuff. These are another recipe that I just can’t seem to get myself to stay out of, I once made these three separate times in one week.
*You don’t need extra oil for the recipe-but I suggest using it. Our bodies need fats to absorb certain vitamins. Although fat-free or reduced-fat foods have always ‘seemed’ better, a little fat is not only OK but actually good for us.
- Thaw frozen blueberries in a small bowl and sprinkle with flaxseed, set aside until needed.
- Mash bananas with a fork and combine with other crust ingredients. Mix well until a loose dough forms. Reserve ¾ cup for top.
- Spray an 8×8 baking pan with oil and spread crust evenly. Evenly pour blueberry mixture on top.
- Drop spoonfuls of reserved crust on the top.
- Bake at 350F for 27-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.