This soup is vegan and gluten-free, easy to make and packed full of healthy micro-nutrients. This soup also freezes well, so make lots and store it in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months.
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup Onion, Chopped
2 Large Cloves Garlic, Minced or Grated
2 tbsp Fresh Ginger, Grated
1/2 tsp Dried, Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
Fresh Ground Pepper, To Taste
7-8 cups Carrots, Peeled and Roughly Chopped
4 cups Vegetable Stock
2 cups Water
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions and carrots to the pot and cook until the onions are just translucent, about 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, ginger and the salt and pepper and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Add the carrots to the pot along with the stock and water. Stir to incorporate and then bring soup to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until carrots are very tender, 20 minutes.
- Puree the vegetables together. When the soup is smooth. If you find the consistency of the soup too thick, add 1/2 cup of water at a time while still blending until you reach your desired consistency.
- Stir in the maple syrup. Season with salt and pepper, if necessary. Serve immediately.