A healthy meal for at-home dinners or on the go lunches alike. There’s no better way to fuel your body than with complex carbs, lean protein, colourful produce and healthy fat. Feel free to add in other vegetables, a different type of rice, etc. Make this recipe your own!
2 cups cooked Brown Rice
1 cup Shredded Carrots
2 cups Spinach
2 cups Broccoli Florets
2 tsp Olive Oil or Additional Sesame Oil, Divided
1 cup Chickpeas (Drained and Rinsed, If Using Canned)
Salt and Pepper To Taste
16 oz Extra Firm Tofu, Pressed and Drained
1-2 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
1/4 cup 100% Pure Maple Syrup
2 tsp Chili Garlic Sauce
1/4 cup Creamy or Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Cube the tofu and place in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or cooking spray and cook for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and place in a bowl.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the sauce (sesame oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, chilli garlic sauce, peanut butter) until creamy and smooth. Add 1/2 of the sauce to the tofu bowl and let marinate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Toss the broccoli with 1 teaspoon sesame or olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes until just tender.
- Heat remaining olive or sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tofu, along with the marinating sauce until crispy and golden browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- To assemble, divide the brown rice among 4 bowls, top each bowl with 1/4 cup shredded carrots, 1/2 cup spinach leaves, 1/4th broccoli, 1/4 cup chickpeas and a few pieces of tofu. Drizzle with remaining peanut sauce.