These thick, soft, and chewy apple oatmeal cookies are guaranteed to be your new favourite cookie. There are no worries about over baking these, the chopped apple in these cookies helps to keep them super soft for several days!
1 cup Flour
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
½ tsp Baking Soda
¼ tsp Salt
½ cup Butter, Softened
½ cup Brown Sugar
¼ cup White Sugar
1 Large Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 and ¾ cup Rolled Oats
1 Medium Apple, Peeled, Cored, and Chopped into Small Pieces
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a handheld mixer or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla, making sure to mix well after each ingredient.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in the oats, then the chopped apple until fully combined.
- Let dough chill in the fridge while the oven preheats. Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and scoop dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Baked at 350 for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.