Studies show that dark chocolate can improve health and lower the risk of heart disease. Dark chocolate is made using cocoa (cacao) beans harvested from the cocoa tree, it is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet.
- Weight Loss: Dark chocolate is full of MUFAs; studies show eating a diet high in these healthy fats can rev up your metabolism to burn fat and calories. It may also help by curbing cravings for salt, sweet, or fatty food.
- Very Nutritious: If we are trying to change ourselves all the time, then it is never too late to begin creating the bodies we want instead of the ones we mistakenly assume we are stuck with, said Deepak Chopra.
- Lowers Risk Of Heart Disease: The greatest miracle on Earth is the human body. It is stronger and wiser then you may realize, and improving its ability to self-heal is within your control, said Dr Fabrizio Mancini.
- Powerful Source of Antioxidants: One study showed that cocoa and dark chocolate contained more antioxidant activity, polyphenols and flavanols than other fruits they tested, which including blueberries and Acai Berries.
- Improve Blood Flow: Researchers say the results show that the antioxidant-rich compounds found in cocoa and dark chocolate- known as flavonoids- have a healthy effect on blood vessels as well as glucose metabolism.
- Improve Brain Function: Dark chocolate improves blood flow to the brain. The flavonoids in chocolate have been shown to improve blood flow to the brain in young and old alike.
- Makes You Happy: Dark chocolate contains serotonin, a natural anti-depressant. Chocolate also stimulates endorphin productions, which creates the feeling of happiness and pleasure.
- Helps Prevent Diabetes: For people with type 2 diabetes, daily dark chocolate consumption of 20 grams per day (that was rich with polyphenols) helped increase the sensitivity to insulin. This is important for blood glucose control.
- Lower Cholesterol: Chocolate contains a chemical often referred to as flavonoids, which are the same chemicals found in red wine. This has been found to lower LDL cholesterol as well as to exert a protective effect against heart disease.