These burgers are great for vegetarians and meat eaters alike. They are quick, delicious and this summer I’ve been choosing these over your normal hamburger without looking back. They are packed full of good for you food, making you feel less guilty for eating these by the handful at your next family BBQ.
¼ cup Quinoa, Rinsed and Drained
½ cup Water
1 15oz can Black Beans, Rinsed, Drained and Mashed
½ cup Breadcrumbs
1 Large Garlic Glove, Minced
2-3 tbsp Green Onions, Diced
2 tsp Cumin
½ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Pepper
1 tsp Chili Powder
2 tbsp Cilantro, Finely Diced
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until quinoa is cooked and water is absorbed, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roughly mash black beans in a mixing bowl. Add in breadcrumbs, garlic, green onions, cumin, salt, pepper, chili powder and cilantro and taste. Add extra seasonings if necessary.
- Add in egg and cooked and cooled quinoa. Using your hands, form into 4 or 5 patties.
- Spray griddle or saute pan with cooking spray or a little olive oil. Cook patties until heated through, flipping halfway through.
- Serve on buns with your favorite sauces and toppings and enjoy!